" "

Friday, August 19, 2022

Hate Story » 3


        t h r e e        

M A N I K

Today is the day.

Does this statement ever come to your mind? When?

Maybe on your birthday or of someone special to you. Or, on Sunday like we say " Today is the day I am going to sleep and eat all day with no school or no work or any other work but just you and your weekend. Maybe for some, this is during the festive season and time to spend with family, friends, and so on.

The day.

There was nothing like the day for me before today.

Not until morning when I was sitting in the car and was thinking about a person.

A person whom you know but have not met yet. A person about whom you have heard a lot but not ever heard their voice. A person whose face is clear to you from those numerous photographs but again, you don't know the real beauty. A person who is the complete opposite of you but again, it's what you know from other's views. A person who is just like your friend's friend but again, you don't know if you guys are friends or not?

What do you call this sort of person who is the stranger but not stranger?

How do you start a conversation with a known stranger?

Formal or Informal.

Confused right? The same was the feeling I was going through this morning but now, at this moment it all seems like years have passed and I feel so stupid of myself for even thinking like that.

"Why are you grinning like an idiot?" she asked with curious eyes but before I could reply she herself spoke ..." Never mind, who was I asking to? I just keep forgetting that you are an idiot."

"Did you just call me idiot Miss, Murthy?" I raised my eyebrows but again who was I kidding?

"Yes, Mr. Malhotra. I did call you that only." and she was smirking. This girl. But again I could not help but remember all that happened today and again that stupid smile formed on my lips and I spoke something that never thought I would have said after her previous reply...

"Thank u Nandini. "  and she was shocked would be an understatement. Wait did I just speak any foreign language? No, then but my confusion was cleared by her only...

"This is the first time someone is saying thank u that too so politely with no sarcasm after I called them an idiot." oh god, this girl. How can one be so dramatic?

" It was not for that" and she gazed at me with narrow eyes" It was for today. "

"I don't know when I enjoyed my life like this before today. Life was so hard that I never got time to enjoy it like there's no tomorrow. " but she cut me off...

"Manik, life is never hard. It's us who think so. And about enjoying it, there is always time, we just need to have the courage to live in the time without planning."

I could just nod at her. Somewhere she was correct too. 

"Manik, what do you think will happen if we jump from here?" and I looked at her horrified.

"Nandini Murthy, we will reach either hospital. But seeing on which height we are I guess we will directly reach heaven." I replied seriously while looking down at the ground. No, it's not a cliff, but rather a Ferris wheel.

Ferris wheel of 64 ft. and we were at the top for the last 15 minutes waiting for the ride to start. 

"But seriously Manik tell me, you are enjoying this idea of ending the day with this ride?"

"I hate to say it but yes, I like this idea. Never thought I would do such crazy things in a day."

"Manik, these things don't count under crazy. They are the adventure," she stated as a matter of fact.

"Oh really. Let me remind you about everything we did and explain how this all counts under crazy. Also not just adventure but life-threatening adventures."

"So let's rewind what we did today ?" I nodded and she continued.."Let's point out everything we did and see if they count under crazy or fun."

"Okay done. So first destination among five..."

"Silent disco..."


"Are you serious Miss Murthy? Silent disco that too in the morning at 10." 

"So what?  It's open at 10. And the plus point is, the one who doesn't know to dance doesn't need to get embarrassed cause there would be no one to see them. and if there are then also they will be less in number so let's go. "

"I know you are a pro at dancing. Mukti had told me. So let's go somewhere else." I started moving backward but she grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the door.

"No, we are going inside and that's final. And you don't have a choice, cause if you want or not you have to come as It's not about me but you as it's not me who doesn't know to dance. It's you who don't know. So let's go" did she really say that? but it's true. 

"See Nandini, I agree I don't know to dance. So let's go.." I was pulling her now but she was pulling me too. Guess what, we were playing pull in front of a silent disco. When did I become so childish? 

"You won't budge. " she nodded in no. "Okay fine, let's go." and she narrowed her gaze at me...

"What? Don't give me that suspicious look. People are looking at us and there will be news if they recognize me. I don't have any problem as controversies are nothing big for me but I think you won't like that." at this, she seemed serious and didn't speak. So I pulled her inside. 

I know I could have pulled her towards the car but she was here for her holidays and she means a lot to Mukti which somehow affects my Bhai. And Abhi is my first priority so I can bear it.

And inside the club, we were welcomed by silence. I know it's a silent disco so it ought to be silent but guess what, it was not because of that cause soon it was replaced by a roar of laughter.

"Wasn't this supposed to be a silent disco?" I asked unsure looking at the scene going on before me.

"I don't know. I just gave you the direction that I got from the hotel when I asked them if any silent disco is there which starts in the morning. And I got this address."

"But it's comedy going on here. They are telling jokes. "

"Wow, I always wanted to go on this type of show, and here I have the opportunity. Let's go."

"Nandini, no we are not going. " saying so she made her way towards the front and got seated in one of the chairs. Having no option left I too went after her.

So once I had gone to a silent disco. Everything was going well and I was dancing like crazy cause I didn't know to dance. But that's not even the point. The key point..remember the key point is I was the only one in the club. 

And everyone broke into a fit of laughter. 

"Manik, was it the time to laugh?" Nandini asked leaning on my side.

"I guess it was." I said with an equal horrified look "Do you still want to sit here?"

"I don't know. Let's listen to the next one. If it's funny we will sit otherwise we will go." I could just nod.

Two friends went to a restaurant and ordered.."Waiter, bring chicken chilly for us but don't put chilly in it. I have some stomach problems." Again another friend spoke," Yes, don't put chicken too. I don't feel like eating it." Poor waiter right? But then also the waiter went and brought the food and seeing it the friends shouted," What the hell is this? Just onion and ketchup. We ordered chicken chilly." And the waiter replied, "Sir, it's chicken chilly only. I just obliged your order and removed chicken and chilly ."

Waiter rocked, friends shocked.

And Manik and Nandini didn't take a second to run from there.

"So, now tell me does that even count under something sensible? It was nowhere adventure." And instead of reply she screamed and hold my hand tight as the wheel started and I could not help but smirk.

"See, I told you, at last, you will need me to hold you ." 

A simple sentence of holding her for the first time on the Ferris wheel,

Will the hold be intact in a roller coaster of life?

"*°•.˜"*°• ~It was not like nor was it, love,

Neither friends nor strangers

They are souls looking for adventure."*°•.˜"*°• ~


ᴅᴀᴛᴇ: 29ᴛʜ ᴏᴄᴛᴏʙᴇʀ, 2019

ᴅᴀᴛᴇ: 29ᴛʜ ᴏᴄᴛᴏʙᴇʀ, 2019


←Previous Chapter

Next Chapter→

Posts